👋 Nice to meet you
I'm Ronak - a big fan of sustainable marketing and organic growth, currently living in Berlin, Germany.
I'm the VP of Marketing at GraphCMS - A GraphQL-Native Headless CMS (slash Content API slash Content API Gateway slash Hosted Backend slash Content Database slash Backend as a Service slash other words and interpretations). I'm working on tons of great projects on Growth, SEO, Content, and Marketing Strategy with a phenomenal team - and still riding a steep learning curve on Developer Marketing. I'm also the co-creator of BuildYourDXP alongside the great Jamie Barton.
You can see what I'm working on now, @ me on Twitter, or connect on LinkedIn. I'm also maintaining a few public repositories like awesome-marketing and awesome-developer-marketing - catalogues of great content (de-fluffed) that have helped me grow in my career. On the side I've also got something brewing in the form of a book for marketers marketing to developers, so stay tuned for those.
Originally from Mumbai, India, I've had the chance to work at some incredible companies across B2C, B2B, and now, B2D. I started off in Hospitality, working through F&B and Guest Relations with the Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts in the Maldives, Thailand, and India, before moving to the Carlson Rezidor Group in Dubai to set up the Online Sales/Relations model.
I eventually got interested in SEO, Marketing Automation, and APIs, and quit to co-found a startup, failed at that (miserably), and moved to Berlin to pursue a career in Tech/Marketing, starting with Safari, moving on to ZenMate, and eventually to GraphCMS.
This site is a personal platform to rant, explore ideas, and share some of my thoughts. I tend to keep them unstructured, go off on a tangent, and avoid filtering my train of thought too much.
5 things worth knowing:
- My favourite unmeasurable metric is Time-to-Value. My favourite measurable metric is Lifetime Value (LTV).
- I love SEO and content. I equally dislike ads, unnessesary tracking, and email marketing.
- I hate buzzwords like gamechanger, growth "hacking", disruptive, and 💪🚀📈.
- My favourite qualities in marketers are curiousity, data-inspired-ness (not always data driven), empathy, involvement, and knowing when to admit defeat.
- 2 books that I often recommend to most people are Hit Refresh by Satya Nadella, and Essentialism by Greg McKeown.