👋 Hello, it's nice to meet you!
Jul 31, 2022
I'm Ronak. I'm a sustainable growth and marketing lover who's a fan of over-engineering things. I'm currently the Director of Marketing at Lano, working on some great projects with an incredible team. I'm also a MACH Alliance ambassador, co-creator of BuildYourDXP, and building a Developer Marketing community with Jakub Czakon.
I'm passionate about Sustainable Growth, Developer Marketing, API Marketing, DXPs, and Composable Experience Architectures (MACH).
You can connect with me on Twitter or LinkedIn. If you’re building a product or startup in the SaaS, API, or Developer Tooling category and would like to discuss marketing and growth, get in touch!
Here’s what I’ve been working on over the years.
2022 - Now
Lano, Director of Marketing
2019 - 2022
Hygraph, VP of Marketing
2016 - 2019
ZenMate, Head of Marketing & Growth
2015 - 2016
Safari, Head of Marketing & Growth
2014 - 2015
2013 - 2015
Carlson Rezidor, Global Sales & Marketing Specialist
2009 - 2013
Four Seasons, Various operational roles
Selected talks from podcasts, events, and conferences.
- DXP Report Fireside Chat: Catching up with Kaya Ismail on MACH, Headless CMS, and API Marketing
- GraphCMS Talks: Speaking with Kelly Goetsch on how Enterprise companies make the move to MACH architectures.
- Developer Marketing Summit, 2021: Joining Adam Sturrock, Breann Harper, and Keith Brooks on a panel discussing Marketing APIs to a Technical Audience.
- B2B Better: Catching up with Jason Bradwell on his podcast to talk about developer marketing.
- Decoupled Days, 2021: Speaking about Constant Business Innovation with Composable Architectures.
- Geekle eCommerce Tech Summit, 2021: Driving Business Innovation in eCommerce with Composable MACH architectures.
- Netguru Disruption Forum, 2021: Speaking about driving Business Innovation in eCommerce and Retail with Composable Architectures.
Some other fun stuff I'm working on and/or maintaining.
- Build Your DXP: A community-curated catalog of APIs used to build DXPs.
- Awesome Marketing: A living document of marketing resources.
- Awesome Developer Marketing: A living document of developer marketing (B2D) resources.
- Developers Hate Marketing (WIP): A book on developer marketing.
- Marketing Resources (WIP): 250+ curated resources for marketers.
Here are 6 things facts about me.
- My favorite unmeasurable(-ish) metric is Time-to-Value. My favorite measurable metric is Lifetime Value (LTV).
- I love SEO and content. I equally dislike overusing spammy ads, unnecessary tracking, and shady email marketing practices.
- I hate buzzwords like gamechanger, growth "hacking", disruptive, and those rocket/muscle emojis.
- My favorite qualities in marketers are curiosity, data-inspiredness, empathy, involvement, and knowing when to admit defeat.
- 3 books that I often recommend to most people are Hit Refresh by Satya Nadella, Lab Rats by Dan Lyons, and Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey Moore.
- I usually only travel for food, and I can't get sick of seafood. This is why I'll happily retire somewhere in Italy, Greece, or Portugal one day.